Senior Human Resources Business Partner - Hybrid - Montreal
Aspire Software is seeking an experienced Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our growing global HR Function!
As a Senior Human Resources Business Partner for a specific portfolio of companies, you will be responsible for all HR aspects related to the regional leaders you will be partnering with closely. The role will be reporting to the operating partner located in North America and working closely with our HR Director and global HR team to achieve business initiatives.
The Senior Human Resources Business Partner will partner closely with local leadership to achieve regional business initiatives, ensure day-to-day support, and lead strategic ongoing projects. This includes leading the HR integration of new company acquisitions for the operating partner’s companies, starting in the HR due diligence stage. To be successful in this role, the Senior HRBP must understand business priorities and translate them into an HR agenda that drives the business. The Senior HRBP will help business leaders foresee challenges using data-driven recommendations for innovative and scalable solutions, as well as iterating on current programs to improve staffing performance, retention, and the employee experience. We are looking for someone comfortable with ambiguity and eager to be challenged as we collaborate closely to build processes and further structure our HR department.
Here is a little window into our company: Here is a little window into our company: Aspire Software, the operational arm of Valsoft Corp, operates and manages Valsoft’s global portfolio of wholly owned software companies, providing mission-critical solutions across multiple verticals. By implementing industry best practices, Aspire delivers a time-sensitive integration process, and the operation of a decentralized model has allowed it to become a hub for creating rapid growth by reinvesting in its portfolio.
The role has the potential for direct HR reports in alignment with local business needs as the business area continues to grow.
The successful candidate will live within commutable distance of our office in Montreal, working in a hybrid work model!
What your day will look like:
- Lead HR Integrations for the multinational operating portfolio (Canada/ USA/ EMEA)
- Manage all internal HR-related matters for the business portfolio spread across multiple countries and inclusive of multiple companies.
- Collaborate closely with managers and employees to implement HR programs and initiatives for the region
- Participate in regulating and improving organizational HR guidelines and procedures.
- Lead engagement strategies to motivate employees and increase retention
- Lead high-level HR employment issues and investigations
- Manage local employee development plans, talent, and performance management
- Partner in the areas of workforce planning and organizational design
- Partner with local leaders to strategize continuous improvement for HR and present HR initiatives as a business partner in operations and finance meetings
- Act as HR Integrations lead for acquisitions in your business portfolio in the areas of due diligence, HRIS integration, staffing movement, employee file transfer, new employee change management and full onboarding process
- Coach business managers in employee management
- Oversee the local recruitment process with assistance from the global recruitment team
- Issuing employment offers, contracts, and staffing movement documentation
- Manage the employee database and prepare general HR data reports
- Business travel, 30%, will include travel across North America and EMEA
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or a similar related discipline is essential
- 7+ years of experience in an HR professional role is essential
- Post M&A HR experience is mandatory
- Experience planning and executing a People plan is mandatory
- High level of HR and business acumen
- Knowledge and experience navigating EU employment laws
- Problem solver and hands-on attitude is crucial for this role
- Ability to balance competing priorities and conflicting opinions in order to facilitate the best decisions for employees and the business in an environment of ambiguity and rapid change
- Experience coaching senior leaders and managers
- Self-starter, able to work both independently as well as an active member of both business and HR teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication to prepare high-quality documents as well as present and facilitate group meetings and events
- Project management skills: the ability to lead projects, gain buy-in and drive to execution and achievement of the right results
- Not hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive initiatives
- Strong analytical skills, including the understanding of metrics to support plans and monitor performance
- Exceptional listening skills and ability to relate to influence, and coach employees of all levels in the organization
- Proven ability to drive influence on all levels of the organization
- At least a Professional level of English, both written and verbal, is essential, with an additional European language, French, Spanish, German, Dutch or Portuguese, highly advantageous
- Legally authorized to work in Canada is essential
For further information about Aspire Software, you can visit our website at www.aspiresoftware.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.