We are hiring at Aspire Software for a highly skilled and experienced Senior Financial Planning Analyst to join our growing team in Montreal!
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Financial Planning Analyst who possesses a deep understanding of financial analysis, forecasting, and strategic planning across multiple businesses, as well as a proven track record in managing financial aspects of mergers and acquisitions (M&A) activities. The ideal candidate will play a critical role in driving informed decision-making, optimizing financial performance, and supporting our organization's growth through strategic insights.
If you are a results-driven Senior Financial Planning Analyst professional with a strong background in analyzing and guiding financial strategies across various businesses and M&A activities, we encourage you to apply. Join our team and play a pivotal role in shaping the financial future of our organization.
Here is a little window into our company: Aspire Software, the operational arm of Valsoft Corp, operates and manages Valsoft’s global portfolio of wholly owned software companies, providing mission-critical solutions across multiple verticals. By implementing industry best practices, Aspire delivers a time-sensitive integration process, and the operation of a decentralized model has allowed it to become a hub for creating rapid growth by reinvesting in its portfolio.
Our motto is “Be Humble, Stay Hungry!”
The candidate can be anywhere within commutable distance of our office in Montreal, working in a hybrid work model!
What your day will look like:
Financial Analysis and Reporting:
- Conduct thorough financial analysis to provide insights into business performance across various business units and segments
- Develop and maintain key performance indicators (KPIs) and dashboards to monitor and communicate financial and operational performance to senior management
- Generate accurate and timely financial reports, variance analyses, and trend assessments
Budgeting and Forecasting:
- Collaborate with business leaders to develop annual budgets and long-range financial forecasts for multiple business units
- Monitor budget vs. actual performance, identify deviations, and provide recommendations for corrective actions
- Continuously refine forecasting models to enhance accuracy and reliability
M&A Financial Due Diligence:
- Participate in due diligence efforts related to potential acquisitions, divestitures, and partnerships, assessing financial risks and opportunities
- Analyze financial statements, historical performance, and valuation models to support investment decisions
- Assist in developing integration plans to ensure a smooth transition of acquired entities
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate financial processes, systems, and reporting structures after acquisitions
- Monitor and report on post-acquisition financial performance, identifying synergies and areas for improvement
- Contribute to the development of strategic plans by providing financial insights, scenario analyses, and recommendations
- Support senior management in evaluating new business opportunities and expansion strategies
Financial Modeling and Analysis:
- Build and maintain complex financial models to support decision-making, including scenario analysis, sensitivity testing, and capital allocation models
- Provide actionable insights derived from financial modelling to support strategic initiatives
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including Finance, Accounting, Operations, and Business Development, to gather relevant data and insights
- Present financial analyses and findings to executive leadership in a clear and concise manner
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or a related field; MBA or advanced degree preferred
- 4+ years of progressive experience in FP&A roles across diverse businesses and industries
- Strong understanding of financial modelling, valuation techniques, and forecasting methodologies
- Proven experience in managing financial aspects of mergers, acquisitions, and post-merger integration
- Advanced proficiency in financial software and tools (e.g., Excel, financial planning systems, ERP systems)
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills with keen attention to detail
- Exceptional communication and presentation abilities, with the capability to convey complex financial concepts to non-financial stakeholders
- A 'roll up the sleeves' attitude towards problem-solving
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong business acumen and strategic mindset
- Proficiency, both written and verbal, in the English language is essential
- Legally authorized to work in Canada
For information about Aspire Software, please visit our website at www.aspiresoftware.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.